Wherever you go,
go with all your heart

Friday, October 14, 2011

A Sky Full Of Kindness






EXCLUSIVE: ROB RYAN'S NEW BOOK

First look at the artist's fairy tale for adults

It takes a lot to impress us here at Stylist, but cult artist Rob Ryan's new book A Sky Full of Kindness, with its evocative world of paper birds and poetic parables is perfect.
Like all the best fairy tales, it has a darker undercurrent: it tells the story of two married birds about to have a baby. Ryan explains, "It's a tale of a fearful mother about to bring a child into the world in this age of anxiety."
Frightened by the warnings of other birds, the mother-to-be sets out on a voyage of discovery, eventually returning to her husband and newborn chick a changed bird.
Full of wistful refrains ("I will wait! I will return! I will wait!") swirling around Ryan's ethereal illustrations, it's like a grown-up bedtime story."I'm an anxious person so I wrote it to soothe my own fears," he says.
The artist, whose romantic vision and laser-cut prints are loved by everyone from Lulu Guinness to Paul Smith, creates each page by hand with exquisite care, "this book took six months cutting and drawing," he explains. As these pictures from inside the book show, it was well worth it, Rob!

I have to get my paws on a copy of this book! Rob Ryan is one of my absolute favorites! so excited the new book is finally out...Got to try order one! The about review is compliments of Stylist.
So exciting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment